Rogue Factor and Focus Home Interactive are proud to provide you with this seventh update of the Early Access. Like we did before, we want to present you a list of all the updates that come with this version, but also the known issues and limitations of this Early Access version.
Our eighth content update is 0.22.4.1 and it provides the following new features:
- Single Player Campaign Mode: Act 1 (Mission 1 to 4) for all 4 warbands is available, offering a new dimension to the game.
- Veteran System: Perform tasks to gain Veteran Ranks which unlock unique out of combat abilities. This progression is kept and shared for all Warbands.
- Warband and Warriors Progression: Warbands must be started from Rank 0 and all saves, from previous Early Access updates, will be deleted. Warband and Warriors will be able to progress up to Rank 5
- Time System: Only one battle per day can be performed. If a Warrior is learning a new spell/skill, is treated after an injury, or is waiting for its upkeep, it won't be available for missions.
- Smuggler System: Gather wyrdstones during your mission, ship them and increase your reputation, with factions, to unlock rewards. Beware, if you're too late on a shipment.
- Permadeath and Injuries: Fighting within the streets of Mordheim won't be without consequences anymore. Warriors might lose limb or worse.
- Fully accessible Hideout and revamp of the Main Menu: You will be guided by a tutorial through a now complete and fully accessible Hideout. Oh, and we change the Main Menu screen as well, hope you'll like it!
- Graphic Options: You will now be able to tweak the visual of Mordheim yourself directly from the Options Menu.
- The Idol now have an icon on the Strategy View and will always be visible no matter where it is
- Carrying an Idol will make the bearer always visible on the Strategy View
- Suffering from the spell curses Wyrdlight and Lightbearer will make the victim always visible on the Strategy view
- Modified multiple deployment layouts to increase distance between enemies
- Modified multiple deployment layouts to make sure search/wyrdstone points would remain between enemies on start up positions (never behind and going away from the intended battlefield)
- Added new Trap Effects for all trap types (some beneficial, most detrimental)
- Combat Melee Hit base chances have been lowered to 80%
- When failing an All Alone test, the amount of Strategy Points lost has been increased from 1 to 5
- 8 new "slideshow" tutorials to explain the different parts of the Hideout
- Updated Combat Tutorials
- New warrior customization options (beard, hair, etc...)
- New Ambiant sounds which play randomly during missions (with separate volume in the options)
- A lot of new animations with emote system before an attack, when using a skill, and faster athletic sequences.
- Improved AI with matching rank
- Improved lighting and more grime on walls, roof, etc...
- Shuriken has been added for the Skaven warband. Every Skaven except the Rat Ogre can use them
- Verminkin lost the right to use Warplock Pistols
- Assassin Adept now start with Shuriken as alternate weapon
- Warlock have access to Bow again
- Rune of Escape: the mastery version has been increased to 3 meters
- Rune of Celerity: the initiative bonus have been increased to 10 for the normal version and 20 for the mastery version
- Rune of the Senses: the bonus has been increased to 25% for the normal version and 50% for the mastery version
- The Alertness requirement to train Combat Movement have been reduced to 9 for the normal version and 12 for the mastery version
- The Alertness requirement to train Awareness have been increased to 12 for the normal version and 15 for the mastery version
- The melee resistance provided by the debuff of Kidney Strike has been increased to -15% for the regular version and -30% for the mastery version
- The melee resistance bonus of Combat Savvy has been reduced to 5% for the regular version and 10% for the mastery version
- The Intelligence requirement to train Combat Savvy has been reduced to 6 Intelligence for the normal version and 9 for the mastery version
- The Intelligence requirement to train Study has been increased to 9 Intelligence for the normal version and 12 for the mastery version
- The debuff provided by the skill Quick Incision saw its melee resistance penalty increase to -3% for the regular version and -6% for the mastery version
- The debuff provided by the skill Defensive Stance saw its melee resistance bonus remains at to 10% for the regular version and 20% for the mastery version
Because the game is still in development, some issues remain and could not be fixed in this version or have been discovered since its release. This is a list of the known issues we are aware of so far:
- 32Bit version: We’re seeing more and more instability for the 32bit version of the game. At the moment, only the 64bit version is available.
- Loading might still be long: We've been working on optimizing the loading time in the previous patch and manage to get good results but there's still room for improvement. We've added a tiny animation at the bottom right corner of the screen to show you the loading is still happening and the game's not freeze.
- Using the mouse in GUI with higher screen resolution: We would recommend not to play the game with a screen resolution higher than 1920x1080 as some GUI asset might become difficult to click.
- Switching to another program while playing: If you use Alt-Tab or minimize/maximize the game window while playing or loading, you might end up with a game crash or misbehaving game.
- Desynchronisation during online skirmish: You might encounter some random desynchronization while playing a skirmish online. We are investigating everything that might cause such problem and all the feedback we can get from you will be very helpful.
- Voice Over: Even though the missions are available, the voice over is not yet completed and will be here in a future update.
- GUI and animation are still a work in progress: Even though the GUI and animation have been greatly updated and improved, some works remain to be done and they will be still be updated until the final release.
- Skirmish extra objectives: Only optional at the moment, when chosen they won't end the game if completed. This will be fixed in the next patch.
- Multiplayer Contest Mode: This feature is not yet available and, therefore, multiplayer skirmish will only be exibition confrontations with no consequences to your Warband and Warriors.
- Switch weapon without alternate set: It might be possible for your Warrior to switch weapon even though it doesn't have a second set.
If you find any bugs or need some technical help, please refer to the appropriate forum for bugs reporting and technical issues, and do no post in general discussions. The general discussion forum is very hard for us to navigate as there is a lot of movement, so we only look at it briefly.
If you get a game breaking bug, such as a crash to desktop, please make a post in the bug report section, and also send your output log and a copy of your combat log, found in your steam install directory:
Email this log to logs at rogue-factor.com and we'll take a look at it. Please link your post/thread in your email so we can return to it. A DxDiag can also be helpful, and if you managed to take a screenshot that will also help quite a bit.
We hope you'll enjoy this update and get even more fun out of Mordheim: City of the Damned. We appreciate all the feedback & help we got from you so far, and want to thank you all.
- All 4 Tutorials of the game: The player will get comfortable with all the combat mechanics of the game.
- Play Skirmish games against AI or friends online: The AI is a little bit easy to beat, but playing against a friend is great fun.
- 8 Campaign Maps with 3 different deployment each: These are the same maps which will be used in our campaign, but with slight differences.
- 8 Procedural Maps with 10 different deployment types: These maps, being generated procedurally will give the player much variety as path, previously open will be closed, and even in the same deployment type, units will find themselves in different buildings etc. This is the great value, We have too many different types of building for me to count, plus props and bridges which are created procedurally to change the map.
- 4 playable Warbands: Skaven from the Eshin Clan, Mercenaries Reiklanders, the Sisters of Sigmar, and the Cult of the Possessed
- Hideout section, with weapon and armour selection: You're now provided with a chest full of weapons and armours which you'll be able to distribute among your units. Note that at the moment, only weapons and helmets will have a visual impact. The armour will not visually change on the character whether you choose cloth, light or heavy armour (but your changes will affect the stats though).
- Reserves in Warband management: Warbands now have "reserves" you can choose from, to organize your Units before going to combat, based on their type and cost.
- Extra objectives: With the search action now available, various extra objectives have been added to the Skirmish games (Marked for Death, Crush their Will, Wyrdstone Rush).
- Turn timer is now available in Skirmish: As requested by our community of Players, you can now set a time limit for a Unit turn.
- Backtracking is now available in Skirmish: As requested by our community of Players, you can now set a backtracking limit for a Unit.
- Windows 32bits based version: In order to prevent the game from crashing, player on 32bits operating systems should play using the "fastest" settings.
- Possessed Mutations: Possessed units, when playing with Rank 10, now have random mutations.
- Representative Armours: Changing armours and other equipment is now properly represented on the unit. This completely changes the look of the characters.
- Item Enchanting: Rank 10 Warbands now have weapons which can be enchanted, There is an Enchanting Tab next to the inventory where you can choose the Rune or Mark to put on the item. This is for testing and balancing.
- Chat!: You can now chat when in the lobby as well as in game
- Action Log: An action log has been added representing unit actions, and RNG rolls it performs.
- Key Mapping: In the options menu, players now have the option to remap the controls of the game. This is also available for gamepads. We’ve internally tested with Xbox, PS4, and a generic Logitech controller. Camera Inversion are now also available.
- New Deployment type: Code named Umbrella. This new deployment is available for all procedural maps and has both Warbands as far away from each other as possible, This is to give a far away option for Players who would prefer this.
- New Cloth: Warhammer is known for skirts, pangs, and other clothy material. We’ve completely changed the clothing in the game. It still needs to be tweaked, but now looks and feels better. It is also much more optimized.
- Respec Button: In the Unit management, you can reset your Warband skills, spells and attributes to their original state. This will also reset the units’ mutations to new random ones, for the Possessed Warband. This feature will only be available during the Early Access.
- Unit Rotation: With all those cloth variations and mutations, you can now admire your Unit under different angles in the Hideout’s Unit Management, using the mouse or the right-stick.
- Save on the cloud: The save games are now copied on Steam's cloud
- Consumables: You can now buy and equip your units with items usable during a Skirmish game. From Anti-Toxin to Elven Wine, with a couple of Oil Bombs, make sure you get the right equipment for the mission objective, from the Shop menu.
- Hiring System and new Warband Management UI: Get ready to be a real leader now that you can fully customize your Warband by hiring and firing Units from the new Warband Management User Interface
- Improved Overview Map: No excuse to get lost in Mordheim anymore, the overview map comes with a compass and more information about the current state of the mission
- Units kitbashing: Not only, can you now customize the color of each body parts on your warrior, you can also choose between all its available variations, from moustaches to cape, there’s a ton of variations available to you.
- New AI System: The AI is now based on the rank, it can use skills and is stronger than it used to be. Get ready for more challenge.
- Revamped Morale System: Many changes have been made to the morale calculation (see separate notes for details)
- Revamped Action Zones System: You can now climb/jump/leap even if there’s a Warrior standing on the other end of the Action Zone, resulting in pushing your ally to make room or engaging your enemy (see separate notes for details)
- Extra gameplay layers: Each unique map can now be played with an extra layer of gameplay for Skirmish Missions. 3 different ones per maps are available at the moment. (see separate notes for details)
All new information about Mordheim: City of the Damned Early Access
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests